APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lance Bachelder
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 10:30:21 am

I was trying to be nice saying I didn't understand it fully. I was an Adobe beta tester from 1.5 through CS3 and it was one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had. I'm a 20 year Photoshop and Illustrator pro and have used After Effects and Premiere since 1998. I'm one of the most open minded Editors you'll ever meet and have used just about every NLE out there from Edius to Vegas to Avid (including myriad of versions of Media Composer and DS), FCP since version 1 and Premiere for payed work that ranges from low budget docs to $60 million Hollywood features. I've been editing since 1986 when I started cutting 16mm via flatbed and I've been a forum leader here on the Cow for 11 years and though I'm an opinionated bastard I can back it up with decades of pretty decent work.

There isn't a single thing, not one. that Premiere does as well or better than FCPX 10.07. It's garbage as far as I'm concerned and I'll never use it again - to attempt to "master it" would be a colossal waste of time. I will continue to use the rest of the Adobe Suite via the Cloud subscription and highly recommend it to others.

As far as your jazz analogy - I've played guitar since I was 10 and love all forms of music - not just jazz - so shut your Phrygian pie hole you elitist prick.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]