APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Erik Lindahl
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 9:49:05 am

We've in the same boat here. We do all our masters for broadcast in FCP7 still.

In PrPro you have to export each sequence manually per sequence. You can add them to a batch-list in AME but that oddly takes a lot of time per sequence one is sending out. In FCPX there is a similar issues, but the background-processing seems far most "instant" (and from my experience exporting broadcast stuff FCPX is much faster than PrPro or FCP7). A "backwards solution" is to add sequences to AME via AME but this again is quite slow compared to Batch Export in FCP7 or what Adobe already has in AE.

So the above involves more clicks and more human interaction waiting time which in our case is often worse than rendering times (as these even in FCP7 are relatively fast). And on my machine and the formats we work with (Uncompressed or ProRess QuickTime), the actual export in FCP7 is as fast as PrPro. As mentioned FCPX is far faster but FCPX has some quality issues in working with SD which makes it a less optimal choice here.

Again, on the flip side, I love the fact that PrPro allows me to edit image sequences and playback, for example, MPEG2 streams out to the broadcast monitor. I don't however feel very "safe" in the application yet given our issues with either corrupt projects and / or the fact the program will accept corrupt media. Given the "all native" approach this potentially is a problem when dealing with less than optimal H264-files from unknown sources. Some kind of bullet proof validation-process would be appreciated here.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]