APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Harlan
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 9:32:39 am

[Erik Lindahl] "Exporting of timelines in PrPro is quite bad compared to FCP (even FCPX from the little experience I have of it). "

I can relate to that. I work in short form, and in easy formats like ProResHQ, so its not a hardship for me. But I hear it is quite troublesome for long form, especially with a deadline. I don't get the extra clicks you are talking about, but that may be because I work with CODECs that are particularly easy for Premiere, and once I set up a timeline template, I can use it over and over, both for preview and for export.

[Erik Lindahl] "People can show rendering X frames in app A vs B vs C is Y% faster but sometimes dumb planning of an app actually makes the rendering part, for some work flows, not count that much. We output a lot of shortform broadcast masters and here FCP7 shines.
"

I agree with this completely. I don't know if it is because it is what I'm most used to or not, but I still make most of my broadcast master variants in FCP7. I find it extremely fast and stable. Currently, I'm enjoying cutting spots on Avid, but I like to go back to FCP to do all of the title variations--Next, Tuesday, Tonight, Tomorrow, etc. Its possible that X might be good for this too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]