APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Harlan
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 9:00:55 am

[Erik Lindahl] "I do wonder who was "snark" in his comments. "

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I was referring to your sarcastic post. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the term "snark."

[Erik Lindahl] "How do you know anything about my experience in the first place? "

When I read your original post, I wondered if there was some serious problem with Premiere that I was missing. I did a search on "Premiere" and "corrupt" to see what kind of recent issues might have arisen. I saw your name, and read through the thread where you were presenting/debating your recent problems.

If you do a similar search with any other NLE, you'll find similar issues with similar numbers. I am in no way discounting the inconvenience you experienced, and am sympathetic to anger you feel. However, I think you were greatly over expressing the problem in a, well, snarky sort of way. The reason many people aren't talking about it is that it isn't happening to many people. True, Walter B. does mention it in his article, but also mentions easy workarounds, and that he feels Adobe is working hard to find out what the issue is.

[Erik Lindahl] "I added a few lines of my experience to the discussion, given in a thread I don't quite understand what it has to do in the FCPX-board, but never the less, I contributed something to the discussion. You… well yeah…"

This is not an FCP X board. If you more carefully read the title, you'll see that it is a forum that was set up to debate whether or not FCP X is the best choice for any given editor. Some of us would prefer that the title change to something a little more neutral, and a little less demeaning of FCP X, but the powers that be have thus far shown no inclination to do so.

As far as adding to the discussion, well--we'll have to disagree about that.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]