APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Harlan
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:25:48 am

[Lance Bachelder] "As far as the extra clicks, the only way to show this would be to do a live side by side with other NLE's to show just how clunky Premiere 6 is. This doesn't mean it can't be used for any type of show and for those who've never used another NLE day in and day out in a high-pressure, broadcast or feature film type environment, they'd never know what I'm talking about and never know there are issues.
"

Sorry, Lance. You just aren't bothering to dig in deep enough. Which is fine; no one says you have to. But you shouldn't be throwing stones either. Premiere's sync indicators aren't as transparent as Avid or FCP 7, but are quite usable for anyone who knows what they are doing. Just open up the info window, turn it into a small column and then you have available all timecode in every track. There's no color-coding like in FCP7, but its very useable for monitoring sync. If you were bazitching about this from the POV of an Avid or FCP7 editor, where the sync break is spelled out in the timeline with exact frame info, I might feel your pain; but in the same breath that you are whizzing on Pr, you are lauding X which doesn't allow any sync monitoring--after breaking clips apart--at all. So, I'm happy to see you back and hanging around, but, yes--I cry foul.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]