APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary Huff
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 28, 2013 at 1:25:12 am

[Lance Bachelder] "As far as the extra clicks, the only way to show this would be to do a live side by side with other NLE's to show just how clunky Premiere 6 is."

I don't think you'd need to go that far...you just kind of, you know, be more specific.

"Clunky" means nothing to me. In the other thread about FCPXs shortcomings, I very explicitly listed issues I had encountered while editing a complete project in it, things that I am actively utilizing in Premiere with the project I'm currently working on. I find Premiere CS6 to be nearly elegant in usage and incredibly powerful. I love the addition of the trim commands that closely mimic the controls in FCP where you can trim in and out points on the timeline for instance. I use those all the time. I love the fact that it works with practically every single piece of footage I could possibly use.

I do agree that the Sequence creation is clunky in needing to pick the overall codec that is in use, and that's something I'm sure Adobe will end up address. Ultimately, I think it's a not the end all breaking point, just something that could use spiffing up. I love the addition of the adjustment layer, love Dynamic Link. I love the ~ key command that maximizes whatever portion of the interface your mouse is currently hovered over. I love how the key-framing works.

I love the fact that if I use a 3rd party plugin, that it won't cause green frames in the video.

I love the fact that I can do psuedo-After Effects-lite compositions using embedded sequences with Photoshop layers and keyframes.

So many specific things I have just mentioned. Always helps if you talk in specifics, and not in just generalizations because then people have a hard time whether you have a point, or are just talking shit.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]