APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Harlan
Re: Trying new stuff
on Jan 27, 2013 at 4:44:29 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "It's best to treat Pr as a new NLE otherwise you will never learn its true strengths and weaknesses and expect it to work just like fcp7, when it doesn't."

Highly agree. The thing with Pr is that it is enough like FCP7 that, if you come from 7, you get lulled into thinking it is just like 7, and then, because it does some fundamental things differently, you can get trapped in a none-to-pretty way. With X or Avid, it is clear immediately that it is not the same beast, and that you have to relearn your approach. With Pr, you can just wander in and pretty much start working, without realizing that you didn't understand, for instance, how to properly configure your timeline's audio, and just assumed that you could easily monkey with the channel assignments down the road. Or you learn too late that you really SHOULD have set up a native timeline before you began cutting. I don't know what happened with Lance, and I, certainly, have found the current version of Pr to be officially bitchin', but when I do hear complaints about what a cluster fork Pr is, it usually has to do with people getting nailed by thinking they were in known territory and then finding that they were not.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]