APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Trying new stuff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bernard Newnham
Trying new stuff
on Jan 26, 2013 at 11:50:23 am

A few threads back, Lance Bachelder wrote -

"I left and built an uber PC just for CS6 and Vegas. I'm talking multiple SSD's, nVidia GTX graphics etc...

After using Premiere on some paying gigs I can honestly say it's the worst piece of crap I've ever seen - even simple things require so many extra clicks, windows, dialog boxes - just a horrible NLE."

Having read this here, I worried about using PPro and possibly doing paid training work on it.

Well, I got paid by the BBC over the years to try out various NLEs (and a lot of other stuff) so I have some history in comparing systems and putting corporate money into buying them. And now - in my retirement (sort of) I've spent some time with Premiere Pro CS6.

It's another editor - just another editor - it's straightforward to learn and easy to use. Its logic follows that of FCP7, Edius, Avid etc etc. It runs fine with AVCHD rushes, which probably means it will work well with the general run of stuff. Half the world is likely to be ahead of me in this already, but I'm just reporting.

I've been doing cut-down work mostly so far, and discovered that the "ripple delete clip" keyboard shortcut - backspace in FCP, but shift-delete here - was a bit of a pain, so I changed it to "x", giving me a run of keys x,c,v,b that did useful things without moving too much.

Just the usual stuff when changing systems. No "extra clicks" so far, though I'm happy to accept I've got a way to go yet. I doubt though, that I'm going to have any major problems.

I can't see how Mr Bechelder could have such problems, given he's just come from FCP7, as it's almost identical in operation. Perhaps he could explain in more depth so that others can have a go at solving them.

B

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]