APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Import Fail While Recording with Canon HV30

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Alan
Re: Import Fail While Recording with Canon HV30
on Jan 21, 2013 at 1:31:07 am

[John Wade] "I just succeeded in getting an import to work if I have a tape in and hit record on the camera before I begin the import process in FinalCPX."

John, I have a related problem. I have about 10 of the HV30s/HV40s. Last year's Imacs (800 firewire) and 4 to 9 pin cables. No matter what I try I cannot get the Imacs to see the cameras. Yes the footage is HDV. I have tried different cables (though all the same brand bought at once) different cameras different Imacs. The ports on the IMacs work because they do recognize drives connected to them. I have no other devices that use 4 to 9 pin so I can't test that. The cables were bought from BHphoto and not some cheapo brand.

By the way I called Canon tech support twice on this issue. Both times I was put on hold while support checked with some higher-level tech guy. The first time I was told that these cams don’t work with FW800. The second time I was told they just tried it and it works fine so it must be something on my end. That left the batch of cables I have.

I'm not following your solution: You have recorded HDV media on camera. You attach the camera to Mac and are in the capture/import window of FCP X, you put the camera in record mode and record some footage? Then switch to play mode and rewind to the beginning of your HDV footage and then FCP X recognizes the camera???

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]