APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X and long form

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nicholas Kleczewski
Re: FCP X and long form
on Jan 20, 2013 at 1:19:47 pm

I have tested all those theories before, unfortunately its not the case. The rMBP running everything off a Pegasus has the same issues as a MacPro with a Geforce 120. I've taken a look further and found during these types of beach ball or slowdown situations, disks and GPU aren't even being pinged at all. FCPX is simply thinking.

One unfortunate thing is that any time FCPX is thinking, it only uses 100 percent of a single core, so computer speed matters a tiny bit but its not taking advantage of any real potential. While apple could open this processing thread up to multiprocessing, its probably more of an issue of addressable object limitations.

They'd have to come up with a system that doesn't plop everything into the Original Media folder as an alias making every file "considerable" to every action.

This is one of the places where Avid is still a powerhouse, although I wouldn't want to trade the performance advantage of FCPX for Avids.

Director, Editor, Colorist
http://www.trsociety.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]