APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X and long form

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nicholas Kleczewski
Re: FCP X and long form
on Jan 17, 2013 at 2:50:12 pm

I figured the same thing. I've done some testing to that affect, and although I couldn't quite figure out any magical number, I could deduce that once an event got over about 270 MB in size things when extra haywire.

I did notice though that the slow down seems pretty linear as it grew. Not so much that there was a single cliff. It starts to present itself on any sizable project, gets a little worse, around that 270MB mark theres a bit of a cliff, and then continues from there.

This will never happen of course, but it'd be good if you could put the program in some sort of "Long form Mode" and axe a few of the conveniences of "all loaded, all the time" in order to get more reliability on huge projects. On normal projects, the way FCPX holds everything at the ready is great, but it just falls apart at a certain point.

Interestingly, once i finally get every clip "loaded" as was noted before, FCPX is still only hitting at about 7GB of RAM. It'd also be cool if there was a "Pay Me Now, or Pay Me Later" choice with just having a long startup while all that data was dumped into Ram at the top rather than needing to click through each section, and then id just be diligent about leaving FCPX open at all times. But again, i realize this is such niche stuff, no one is ever going to bother with it.

Director, Editor, Colorist
http://www.trsociety.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]