APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X and long form

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Dobson
Re: FCP X and long form
on Jan 17, 2013 at 9:05:55 am

[Nicholas Kleczewski] "Worse still, in 10.0.6. Favorite creation behavior changed. Before when you pushed F and got a new favorite, it was then highlighted. You could, as footage still plays, hit Tab, name the clip, hit return, and keep going without ever stopping."

I too have found the new behaviour really frustrating. I would really like there to be an on-off switch for the new persistent ranges feature. Whilst I'm happy for the developers to improve the functionality of the software it really annoys me that one has to unlearn previous workflows that one has developed to work within the previous confines.

I am constantly hitting alt X to clear these ranges. I had become totally used to the way the selection and nomination of favourites worked and am still struggling to get back up to speed. So your post provides useful feedback.

For me one of the biggest frustrations of FCPX is limited amount of individual customisation that is available ranging from the inflexibility of the pre-set window arrangements through to being able to turn off default 'improved' behaviours that one doesn't want to take advantage of.

[Nicholas Kleczewski] "But basically, I made Compound Clips and outside Multicam clips (Plural Eyes) of absolutely everything and imported that. Instead of 10,000 clips, there are now about 130 and even though it references the exact same number of media files, performance is completely different, not perfect, but manageable. "

Sorry Nicholas but could you explain what you are doing here. Are you exporting a master file of selected clips and then re-importing this into a fresh event?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]