APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X and long form

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Dobson
Re: FCP X and long form
on Jan 17, 2013 at 7:55:21 am

[Oliver Peters] "[Mark Dobson] "Again despite numerous spinning ball type force quits and a long wait for renders this job went very smoothly."

Any idea what caused these?

I've always had problems with FCPX and Spinning balls despite carrying out every remedial recommendation in the book. And these increase exponentially with longer and more projects. Preference manager is one of my best friends.

I put a lot of my problems down to my 2008 2x 2.8Ghz Quad Core intel MacPro and also realise that most people do not suffer from the same issues I have had.

FCPX has improved massively since it was released and had it not it would have become untenable as a working NLE.

[Mark Dobson] "The way I have learnt to work with FCPX is to spilt the edit into fairly short sections and then bring these together in a master project as they become formalised."

How responsive was the system, once you had everything in a combined master timeline? Were you still able to easily make adjustments at this point with relative ease?"

By this stage you are dealing with compound clips, and once they have re-rendered themselves into the new project, adjustments are made by using the open in timeline option, and unless really substantial do not cause any problems.

So to answer your question the system was pretty responsive once every thing was rendered. Without rendering, totally unresponsive due to the power of my system.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]