APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX proving to be very fast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX proving to be very fast
on Jan 12, 2013 at 2:00:03 pm

[craig slattery] "I had the same issue with the inability to zoom into the viewer filmstrip. I couldn't understand why that feature was not available. But in actual fact you don't need it."

I don't miss it much, but I sometimes want to get tight on the audio and don't find the FCP X precision adequate on the source side for audio. The simple fix would be to have the clip "open in timeline", make your marks and have those "stick" in the clip. They don't at the moment. I'm simply not the type to toss it rough on the timeline and then constantly trim. Different styles of working.

[craig slattery] "but folks still hankering for features they loved in Legacy or Avid just aren't there yet."

I understand what you are saying, but some of these features will come, because they are needed in certain workflows. The argument that there is one and only one way of working (the current X way) is not good enough if an editor wants to adopt X. The beauty of other NLEs is that there's more than a single way to do any given task. I'm sure that more of that will come over time with X as well. At least I hope so.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]