APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX proving to be very fast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

craig slattery
Re: FCPX proving to be very fast
on Jan 12, 2013 at 1:05:52 am

I turned to the director and said, ‘why do YOU think we have achieved so much in such a short time?’ He said, ‘I think its because its so visual, you really fell like you are in it’.
And that’s what I have been experiencing since we started the trial in X. Its unlike any other NLE, the way it affects you tonally and visually. I will post my workflow later today, but just briefly, Ive been using projects in the same way as I use sequences in FCP7 and the instant visual reference to material that you have already worked on, ie cut down is brilliant.

[Mark Dobson] "I was just wondering how you deal with interview material.

Do you fully transcribe?

We split interviews into sections by creating favourites and then type a synopsis for each favourite.
"

We basically listen to the interviews and marked out the various subjects. The Early days, old work, new work etc. I created new projects for each subject and as we go through the interviews we add other contributors talking about the same subject to the existing projects. When we start to edit the material down I would firstly duplicate the project to retain a long cut of each subject. All the while I will be cutting angles in the multicam fine tuning the interviews as we progress. I find trimming in the timeline extremely fast, so I throw the material into the projects very roughly. The beauty of creating the projects is that the material is aways visually available when you click back to the project library. You can skim and listen to the cuts before deciding to open the project. In this edit Ive done the same with the actuality sequences and montage sequences in that Ive cut them in their own projects. To be honest, I knew in this special there was quite a bit of actuality, which without blowing my own horn too loudly, is what Im credited as being quite good at, but Ive not cut actuality in X before. Ok, I had to think it through, but once I was into it, again its so fast, I powered through about 5 actuality sequences that will probably never make the cut because we have miles too much material.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]