APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX proving to be very fast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX proving to be very fast
on Jan 12, 2013 at 12:42:56 am

[craig slattery] "I simply don't understand that, I find the trimming in FCPX awesome"

I tend to find it finicky, especially when you try to trim a clip with a dissolve. The context of what the cursor latches onto is very touchy. The 2-up view goes away if you try to trim by the keyboard. Once you create a split edit, you can no longer trim both the audio and video at the same time. I simply prefer FCP 7's, Premiere Pro's and Media Composer's methods of trimming. It's an area that hopefully new versions of FCP X will address.

[craig slattery] "Length!!!! You get to the end of the edit and its 20 sec too long. Ok cut 20 sec out somewhere I cant see how X differs to any other NLE. The networks are not going not broadcast something 4 frames too long or short. 30mins on the BBC is between 28:20 and 29:30 same sort of leeway with an hour."

That's not the case in the US. Not only does the show have to be to time (to the second), but so do show segments. Generally you can't get there by trimming out 20 seconds. It's more like 1/2 a second here or there in 40 places throughout the show. Timing has to be rounded up to the nearest whole second in drop frame time. This often means adjustments that you make throw off where the fades-to-black happen going in and out of commercial breaks, requiring additional adjustments.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]