APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX proving to be very fast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: FCPX proving to be very fast
on Jan 12, 2013 at 12:27:52 am

[Herb Sevush] "Death to hyperbole !! "

hey - craig easily gives the most concrete value case for FCPX - he actually spells it out - the workflows he has posted already in various responses strongly argue that it works like six guns in in his use case. but it is a use case.

In a way I think thats the point - FCPX has highly delineated use work cases. they are just not my own. I hanker after parts of it quite badly - mostly footage interrogation, and effects masking handling.

no more than craig - this ins't trumpet blowing - but say I was at this -

http://bit.ly/VveFCo

Its about one of the best bins of footage I've ever had to date - as the man says, when the BTS is shot on alexa - you know the air is rare.

I found I would have killed for the idealised FCPX footage interrogation. The footage dump across france and italy was genuinely gigantic.

FCPX represents a true short circuit in footage interrogation.

that aside however - there is simply no way in which the FCPX timeline is not geared directly towards craig's workflow - loose, malleable, always shifting, but always boiling down to one thing out of IV and b-roll.

there is no way that is not the sweet spot for FCPX.

It is not my sweet spot.

the FCPX timeline is just not a broad use case timeline - failed ripple, collisions, they are the price of basic gravity - it is equivalent to the mac barking at you with an alert - the idea that that collision should be removed as a warning in editing is the equivalent of saying that you would not like to be told your leg is about to be sawed off.

it is not a weakness and I am beyond sick of people defending apple for having removed basic awareness from the editor for the environment they are in.

sitting with security in a real fundamental timeline is sitting secure in a real timeline. It's not an affectation.

If Apple choose to optionally re-introduce the actual timeline that lies beneath their gimmicks, then possibly they have an editing system.

And while we are at it:

As craig will testify - FCPX is a dead letter in london.

As a last kick - UNIT - who have produced near all the UK-EU localisations for Apple's ad's, and who were famed for being an apple house, who had a combination lock to get into the apple work suites - are now running avid suites in parallel as we speak.

how in the hell is this software going anywhere when no one will install it?

Again - I'm not being mean here - craig could post two times a day with a BBC header - this is completely unused software in London.

for valid reasons. the timeline is nuts. What am I doing with tilde key? de-magnifying something?

honestly, apple are scrabbling with the tilde key connection break - but that timeline is nuts.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]