APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX proving to be very fast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX proving to be very fast
on Jan 11, 2013 at 6:47:58 pm

[Craig Seeman] "People are often put in the position of "keystroke counting" to prove speed. For many people it's more about being able to process information faster."

I have been back in FCP7 editing a piece with many parts.

It is very frustrating. I keep trying to make FCP7 work like FCPX and it fails. :)

Now that I have complete control over what parts move and don't move in FCPX, going back to FCP7 and its really odd series of clip collision/moving behaviors is sometimes downright maddening. A ripple delete should ripple the whole timeline. Sometimes, it doesn't.

There are merits to the magnetic timeline, the secondary storyline function, to ability to group a series of clips the way I want, be able to move sections of the timeline that I want to move.

Also, the Event Browser in FCPX is so much better, so much more accessible, so much more visual and dynamic, and the quick text search is invaluable.

I could also really use a timeline index in this FCP7 project as there is going to be a lot of conform at the end of this particular piece. It would be so simple in FCPX to assign a temp role to the conform shots, or filter them by a preset keywording rule I have setup, select them all with the index, and do what I need to do.

I can finally access my data with data, and not a rigid structure of hallways, folders, and shelves.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]