APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCPX proving to be very fast

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

craig slattery
FCPX proving to be very fast
on Jan 11, 2013 at 1:29:26 am

The end of week one, cutting a half hour special for The Culture Show BBC Two. FCPX is proving to be incredibly fast, we have finished the first week of the edit a day early. We started with 900GB of rushes and archive. The plan for this week was to sync pull the main interviews, and if possible take a look at some of the actuality. At the beginning of the week we felt this might be a tall order.
In actual fact we have cut all the interviews down to manageable segments. We’ve been through all the actuality and cut sequences for each of the locations. The production team, still need to film in London later in the month. But for the moment we’ve cut back as much as we can with the exiting rushes. We’ve managed to do that in just 4 days. Unbelievable.
The down side, as a freelancer Im doing my self out of work.

FYI 60min specials are cut in 5-6 weeks, half hour specials 3 weeks. On this special, 30mins, because of the schedule we have a two week offline.

The Director/Producer Im working with WAS a sceptic. We told him before Christmas that we would be cutting the special in X. He has some knowledge of editing, with FCP7 and has worked mainly with editors on AVID. He had heard bad things about X and was worried with the tight schedule. When we parted at 6:30 this afternoon he was singing its praises and declared, it would be hard going back. I simply said, 'stick with me kid and you wont have too'.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]