APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smoke 2013

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sandeep Sajeev
Re: Smoke 2013
on Dec 21, 2012 at 6:09:39 pm

I recently finished a spot in which I had to Paint out a couple of background elements, swap out the sky, turn on a couple of street lights, Denoise and add in a lens flare all on one shot. Usually in situations like this, we just use the shot as-is in the offline, then it gets fixed on the Flame during the online.

But I was able to do all this on my timeline and it's great for the client to see it happen this early in editorial. This is where Smoke becomes more than just the sum of its feature set...it really extends the dialog between the editor and the agency creatives in a tangible, meaningful way. Especially when dealing with younger inexperienced agency creatives who are still learning the ropes - it cuts out the whole, "you'll see it on the online" runaround.

Of course Smoke has always done this, and it's probably accurate to say that it has done it better and faster in earlier iterations, but that's a whole different argument I guess. As someone who couldn't figure out how to get material into the system in the 2012 trial, I'm glad that this sort of thing has been made friendlier.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]