APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Smoke 2013

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jamie Franklin
Re: Smoke 2013
on Dec 21, 2012 at 5:04:12 am

I had a private demo from Autodesk last week. Linux box with Flame Premium. Looks very promising. Some walls have come down, a new batch system I think is called CFX and it is a little more intuitive. Although that isn't saying much. It's still not for the uninitiated, but it is better. You need a screaming fast machine, 32 cores, to run even 1/4 res HDR R3D. Although working in 5k isn't my bag. I'm going to put the mac version through it's paces over the holidays on the trial. I only have a 12 core mac with 2 Q4000's and a red rocket (which isn't yet supported) so my expectations aren't high on much real time material, but as an editor, it still is lacking ProRes support without the Flame package and I think that is frustrating as 30-40% of our workflow incorporates ProRes in either deliverables or handoffs from clients...

Back to the Linux box, I found it surprising Lustre didn't receive much love and still needs to be loaded separately from Flame/Smoke. I think it's days might be numbered...?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]