APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Fcp x no sub edits?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Fcp x no sub edits?
on Dec 15, 2012 at 7:27:47 pm

[Erik Lindahl] "The handling of projects and sequences clearly is one of FCPX's "Achilles Heels"."

Not quite sure how you can say this.

After all, they built in a nice relational database that manages all your raw assets making agile assembly of multiple projects fast and easy. They built in the Project Library - where you can have a visual display of all your "edits." They gave you namable folders within that Project Library so that you can do all the sub-organization you like.

AND they transformed the original one dimensional Timeline into a storyline with the ability to not only create groupings of visual elements that you can drop in and move out at will - they even built direct clip auditioning directly into the Storyline as another option.

How you can argue that the "handling of projects and sequences" is potentially fata in itl? (Kinda what the whole Achillies thing was, no? I honestly think that's totally out of proportion as an opinion.

Some will find the tools amazingly flexible. Others won't have specific solution in X for specific workflows that they've come to prefer. And others will simply not understand how the software works well enough to solve specific problems according to how the software is designed until they understand it better.

I think the way they designed it's Project and Versioning tools is quite simply, brilliant.

Once again, I think the more people can break out of their desperate need to view the X interface in terms of how their former working patterns have conditioned them to expect operations to work - the better it will work for them.

Yes, it takes learning. But increasing numbers of us have also learned that it REWARDS that effort greatly.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]