APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Fcp x no sub edits?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Carsten Orlt
Re: Fcp x no sub edits?
on Dec 14, 2012 at 10:11:47 pm

Hi Dan,

Been following all the above and when I read this last post I started to think to understand why you get stuck with projects..

Are you making (and I'm using the FCPx naming) projects to create selects of clips?

If you do I think you are missing one of the most powerful feature of X: organizing in the event.
e.g. to have all your best takes quickly can be done by just giving them (or sections of longer clips) a keyword called 'best' to get all best takes from day 3 is than done by combining searches. Actually any kind of organizational task that you would use sequences for in legacy or any other NLE can be done in X by using keywords, favorites and markers.
I edit long form docus and for years was using select sequences to store best stuff. Since X this is completely obsolete because I now organize everything in the event. And of course if I want to save different versions of an actual cut I create separate projects for that.

Spent some time to see what can be done in the event before you even go to the project stage.
I straight away can think of a keyword for 'Directors choice' and 'My choice' and with a click you could switch looking at different sets. And this way. you'll find the take that the director wants from actor Sally, shot at night, in the graveyard, in a flash because all these can be keywords.

If I got that wrong as to why projects are not working, never mind :-)

Happy editing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]