APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Fcp x no sub edits?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Hadley
Re: Fcp x no sub edits?
on Dec 14, 2012 at 3:17:10 pm

It took me a while to figure out how to make versions or strings to refer back to etc. Working with X, I have found that it just super easy to duplicate and rename the project and then continue cutting on the new version.

Once you get the hang of it, it couldn't be simpler. Also, it took me a while to figure out that you can PLAY projects from the library. So you can in fact hope back and forth and look for that sweet ending soundbite in Cut 3 that you know want to bring back to Cut 7.

The compound clip route is also completely valid approach if you like that. And also super easy (a couple of keystrokes). I just prefer the other route.

My larger point would be this: when you find yourself unable to do something in X, it's most often because there's just a different way of doing it. And that new way is 90% of the time better and faster. But there will be that initial period of "WTF?!?!?!?!". But over time, as you work with it, you will come to understand the intelligence behind the software. And if you are like me, you will never look back to FCP7 (which I used for 10 years).

It's not perfect but it's pretty darn tasty.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]