APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Fcp x no sub edits?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Fcp x no sub edits?
on Dec 14, 2012 at 2:41:02 pm

[Bret Williams] "Create folders in the project library. Organize your sequences as you always have in legacy. What's the difference except how sequences or events are more easily accessible to other projects."

The downside of the Project Library is that there is no true "list view". When you open the library or a folder within the library, it has to generate the filmstrip view for each project/timeline, which can be quite time consuming. That filmstrip view is also not very useful if you have an "adjustment layer" clip at the top level. In the project window you only see the generic thumbnail unless you skim over it.

I also generate lots of "in progress" sequences as I edit. I just finished a commercial edit where the objective was a single :30 spot. We probably had 15+ variations and 3 finished options were submitted to the client for review.

Furthermore, loading projects from the Project Library into the active timeline is poorly handled at best. You have to open them one at a time. You cannot highlight several and have them open at once. The timeline window won't hold a lot of open projects at once and frequently loses ones that had been opened as you move forward and backward through them. Then you end up having to reload ones you had loaded just a few minutes ago.

I realize "duplicate" is the way the software works, but the overall design of X does not seem to be convenient, when a "project" is anything other than a final, all-inclusive version.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]