APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Fcp x no sub edits?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: Fcp x no sub edits?
on Dec 14, 2012 at 1:13:59 pm

[dan crouch] "To create a compound clip to save off edits seems like a very long winded process."

Just duplicate the project. Compound clips is just another alternative. Choice is good. Not overlooking but giving us more options.

[dan crouch] "To keep sequences as different projects may work I guess,"

I think you're stuck in the terminology. Project more or less equal sequence. That's all a Project is. It's Primary, Secondary story line and connected clips.

[dan crouch] "is it not possible to open the window up so you can see them all together?"

Sure. In the Project Library. And you can skim each as well. All without having to "load them." Way easier than FCP7 for example (IMHO). In my Project Library I have Client folders (doing mostly corporate stuff) and then within the Client folder I have folders which contain the Projects for each "job"

You need to understand the relationship between Events (where clips exist) and Projects (which is the Storyline) and the Event Library and the Project Library.

[dan crouch] " is looking more and more like a complicated non pro application to me."

Actually it looks like a professional database in which Events and Projects are relationships and Event Library and Project Library organize their respective data. Then there's the third party tool Event Manager which can help you further by bringing stuff online or taking it offline as needed. Granted I think FCPX needs a really powerful management app/function that can function facility wide on a SAN for example.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]