APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Will my Mac Pro Tower handle FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bernard Newnham
Re: Will my Mac Pro Tower handle FCPX?
on Dec 10, 2012 at 8:11:47 pm

"so waiting for a new model."

Of course, I meant 'no waiting for a new model'.

"All young people, 100%, feel more comfortable in the Apple Universe."

I don't think the young people round here think that way. Some do, of course, but by no means all - and those that do haven't yet worked out the truth of the licencing of iTunes music, unlike Bruce Willis.

At the Uni they are pretty much totally PC because they have to run a lot of applications on their network, and buying Macs is an expense too far. When FCP was good, we were working on the authorities to get some, but when FCPX came along we lost the will to keep trying and they bought CS6 instead. So did I - at the educational price - and find it only a small adjustment from FCP7. Keyboard shortcuts differ, but a bit like finding the headlamps in a rental car, no big deal. And running the PC version means that if I want to swap graphics card or switch a drive to an SSD (did both recently), its easy and cheap. People speculate endlessly on this forum about when there might be a new Mac Pro, or what it might contain, whilst the rest of us just go and buy a new motherboard. Really no big deal to have the latest if you switch from the "Apple Universe".

B

http://www.tech-ops.co.uk

Bernie

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]