APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Will my Mac Pro Tower handle FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bernard Newnham
Re: Will my Mac Pro Tower handle FCPX?
on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:42:52 pm

"I've always been Mac, never touched a PC so although they are cheaper I feel it's too late to transition. "

Oh no - old age has got you! I'm 65 and I've just moved through FCP to Edius to PPro in a year. I don't really have to earn a living with this stuff any more - BBC pension - but I hate being left behind. The university where I work part time wants to run PPro summer courses, and I might well be the instructor. Having instructed for years on FCP, it means a touch of re-learning, but not much.

As for Mac to PC, or the other way, it's no more than switching from one make of car to another. In the case of moving to PC it's like abandoning your old BMW and buying a new Nissan. The new car has all the good new stuff, but isn't as prestigious as the old one. But they both drive to the shops equally well. And in the case the PC there are lots of manufacturers bringing out stuff every week, so waiting for a new model.

B

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]