APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Will my Mac Pro Tower handle FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony Brittan
Re: Will my Mac Pro Tower handle FCPX?
on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:19:33 pm

I'm sure you'll get some harsh reactions to what you just said in that post. The thing is? You're right! And you know what? X is actually really VERY good! Especially with the recent updates. Many old school editors will grouse at the very thought that this "new paradigm" of editing could be used professionally but I've been using it for about 20-30% of new projects and it works great! Multi-Cam is freakin' awesome. The ability to use Motion to create custom effects, titles, and transitions is awesome as well. And you're right about plug-ins. These companies know that they're going to sell them because the software sells so well.

And guess what? People I know who are going through school for editing...they're starting to use X in their schools as well! In fact, one that I know in DC was told that was the required software for the course. If they wanted to use Avid or Premiere, they're welcomed to learn that on their own time but they need X for the class.

I say...use whatever tool works best for you and your needs. The truth is, if you can create great work...who cares what you used to do it. The old guard is pretty steadfast on the other two A's in editing but as time goes on, we'll see how that all goes. Most of the folks who are so up in arms about FCP X haven't even really tried it...or done enough with it to truly understand how it works. I was in that camp a year or so ago. But the more I use it, on a machine that's tuned for it, the more I really dig it!

Just my 2 cents.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]