APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Will my Mac Pro Tower handle FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ned Miller
Re: Will my Mac Pro Tower handle FCPX?
on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:07:25 pm

Hi Bernard,

I've always been Mac, never touched a PC so although they are cheaper I feel it's too late to transition. I am on the fence between PPro ($500 more expensive) & FCPX. The reason I am leaning towards X is I use a lot of young people (mainly for crew) and they tend to be X savvy. Also, I am a very rough, slow editor, when I have high end jobs with decent budgets I have several editors I farm it out to. So my logic is to keep it simple. However, I can't even try the trial versions until I upgrade the OS. I would like to save $2K, (who wouldn't?) but if I have to get the new iMac for $3K Apple is doing a 18 month no interest deal so that's just $166 a month.

This last week I needed some effects, mainly flares, and when I went searching I couldn't believe the vast universe of Plug Ins for X, you can buy single effects instead of packs, and that's what got me thinking about going X. I know the benefits of PPro but there is a tsunami towards X among the young pups, probably because it's only $300?

As to forced into retirement, try my technique: Grey Haired Marketing. I say "yes, you can find someone younger and cheaper but I have done what you're proposing to do many, many times before."

That's why I do a lot of CEO shoots.

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com
www,bizvideo.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]