APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare
on Nov 7, 2012 at 10:43:13 pm

[David Lawrence] "The reason they blew it is because ProApps engineers 1) oversimplified the selection paradigm and 2) misunderstood what editors were asking for."

Wow. A bit revisionist but I'll allow it.

So now that the functionality is there, you don't like it? What did you expect them to do? This is exactly why I didn't want PIOPs as they make no sense in this application. It is not FCP8 or Pr 6.1, it is FCPX

You can't compare FCP7 ranges to FCPX ranges, they aren't even in the same league and don't work in the browser at all.

[David Lawrence] "The rules should be simple and obvious -- only one In and/or Out per clip. If set, they persist and take priority, and other than that, if you don't want to use them, don't set them and everything works as before -- the range In/Outs take over."

Fixed in and out markers don't fit the X convention. Traditional in and out markers would get old fast when one starts to sort the timeline between all of the differing ranges and views.

What this proves to me is that people aren't using the FCPX browser as it was designed and intended. They do not understand the dynamic nature of it (dynamic meaning ever changing) and must be locked in to fixed bin and viewer like behaviors. Old habits truly die hard.

That's fine, there are plenty of other application that have those conventions. FCPX doesn't need to work that way.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]