APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare
on Nov 7, 2012 at 7:16:47 pm

[Charlie Austin] "I guess I don't understand what the fuss is all about. I mean, I was annoyed by the behavior up through version .05, but I got used to it. And I'm not crazy about having PIOP's back, because I got used to not having them , but it doesn't seem to be that big a deal. Take favoriting ranges in a clip.. pre .06 I'd set an I/O, hit F, maybe rename it or not, continue playing, do it again etc. Still works the same in .06. "

Jeremy put it very well a couple weeks ago [link]:

Jeremy Garchow "You have no idea what range(s) are in any of the clips, so if you start keywording a bunch of things at once or tagging them, you are only tagging the ranges, and not the clips. It was so much easier with just favorites as the favorite ranges didn't override a clip range unless you selected those ranges. I'd like an option to turn this off."

I was a PIOP cheerleader (still am), but this implementation is bogus. Like David said, ranges are now overloaded. Ranges and PIOPs have some overlap, but not this much.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]