APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare
on Nov 7, 2012 at 6:58:59 pm

[Walter Soyka] "This PIOP implementation should have been shot down in the beta program."

I guess I don't understand what the fuss is all about. I mean, I was annoyed by the behavior up through version .05, but I got used to it. And I'm not crazy about having PIOP's back, because I got used to not having them , but it doesn't seem to be that big a deal. Take favoriting ranges in a clip.. pre .06 I'd set an I/O, hit F, maybe rename it or not, continue playing, do it again etc. Still works the same in .06.

Pre .06 if I set an I/O point for whatever reason, and then clicked on the clip, the I/O went away and the entire clip was set as a range. Now I need to hit the X key to have it do that, which is fine because maybe I didn't want the I/O to go away, which is the whole point of PIOP's right?

So unless I use a modifier key to set multiple saved I/O points, and I can think of a couple reasons why i might want to do that but mostly I wouldn't... What's the difference? the only thing I see is that now I need to hit a key (X) to have it behave like it did when I clicked on the clip in earlier versions... What am I missing here?

edit: Is the issue the fact that when you highlight a clip in the library it shows all your Favorited ranges selected? Again, the X key clears it, but I'm gonna send feedback to Apple requesting they turn that off and maybe add a "select all ranges" command or something. But again, it's just a keystroke to make it go away...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]