APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare
on Nov 7, 2012 at 6:09:36 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Just give me an off switch or a temporary off switch. If I want to range a whole clip instead of a PIOP, let me hit option-keyword or option-favorite, or better yet, let the PIOP folks hit the extra option key... Give me f (favorite) and u (unfavorite) back, just so we are clear on f.u.'s."

We need NLE cheat codes, like typing FUPIOPS in the Event Browser to revert to 10.0.5's range functionality.

[Jeremy Garchow] "In the countless threads that we talked about this, I always said that Favorites were a tool of intent, now perhaps we can see what was meant by that."

I get that Favorites were a tool of intent. But so were IOPs, once upon a time. Why, in an application that doesn't even let you save your project, should you have to manually save your IOPs? Previous versions of FCPX made range selection too fragile, and the current version has over-corrected.

This is why I've retreated from my original PIOPs stance. When we first discussed this at length some months ago, I backed off of wanting PIOPs and instead suggested that selection activity should be pushed onto the undo stack, so at least you could get your selection back after clicking errantly off of it.

Now I'm proposing that PIOPs become SIOPs -- stored in and out points. They shouldn't be so easily misused (the mess of 10.0.6), but they shouldn't be so easily forgotten either (the mess of 10.0.5 and previous).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]