APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP X as a database and a PIOP nightmare
on Nov 7, 2012 at 2:46:08 pm

[Oliver Peters] "It's a prime example of an editorial feature designed by a programmer and not an editor."

BS. They gave the people exactly what they wanted. "People" clamored for PIOPs, and that's exactly what was delivered. Besides the multiple range capability, they work exactly like FCP7, is it not what people asked for? FCP8?

Anything you add on top of these are going to revert back to a state of Favorites.

If PIOPs want to become yet another selectable, sortable, and visually identifiable range, I am all for it, but you are going to have to hit a key to save them instead of hitting a key to clear them.

What I mean by this is that I can sort by a number of different ranges in the viewer, just not by PIOPs.

In list view, I cannot see PIOPs save for the one filmstrip at the top of the Browser.

In the countless threads that we talked about this, I always said that Favorites were a tool of intent, now perhaps we can see what was meant by that.

Just give me an off switch or a temporary off switch. If I want to range a whole clip instead of a PIOP, let me hit option-keyword or option-favorite, or better yet, let the PIOP folks hit the extra option key.

There is merit to having the ability to select multiple ranges on a clip. I love that functionality, but let me decide what needs to happen with those ranges instead of constantly holding on to decisions that I might not want.

Give me f (favorite) and u (unfavorite) back, just so we are clear on f.u.'s.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]