APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: FCP X as a database
on Nov 6, 2012 at 10:12:28 pm

[Oliver Peters] "But veering back on-topic, the idea that FCP X Events = FCP 7 Projects = MC Bins supports the original notion that I started with. Namely... How is the database structure of X really all that different than what's come before it? I contend it's not. Merely that the databasing method is different in the programming sense, but hardly different in any practical way that the user cares about."

I thought the topic was really how you felt in some way that FCP X's use of events and projects was in some way inferior to FCP 7 or MC. What we're trying to do is demonstrate that not only is it just different, it is far superior, especially to FCP 7, which I thought everyone agreed with back in 2001, was complete crap the way bins were integrated into a project. Most of us were coming from Avid back then and realized immediately how silly that was. Then upon realizing how silly it was that scratch disk settings were saved with the application, not the user (remember user settings? that's something Avid has over us) that being able to open multiple projects at once was actually more of a liability than helpful, especially if it was an intern or a producer or your boss in there mucking about with no knowledge of where the assets should go.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]