APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: FCP X as a database
on Nov 5, 2012 at 8:56:49 pm

I feel the complete opposite for most imports. If you import something into the wrong event in X, its nobody's fault but your own. I drag from a folder on my drive to an event in the event window (or a keyword collection in the event.) If I drag to the wrong event, well, duh, oops, my bad.

And yes, nobody captures anymore from tape, but we do import/transcode camera archives and I guess you could do the same thing if you had the wrong event highlighted when you pressed cmd+i. But given that in X you only have one event window at a time (something I'd like changed btw) it's a bit harder to do even that. In 7, you could have 5 projects open, but you only point to a set location for capture and render. On my home system, it's all the same pegasus raid, so if I capture to the wrong project, it's just moving some files. But at one facility I work at, it's a media grid system. Each project has a number an that number corresponds to a virtual drive of the same name. So if you're working in 7 on more than one project at a time, you need to be mindful of where your renders are going. If you render to the wrong drive, and then someone else picks up that project later in another room, the renders aren't there

So it's just different, but for the way I work it seems to be much more error proof than legacy ever was for media.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]