APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: FCP X as a database
on Nov 5, 2012 at 8:02:46 pm

[Oliver Peters] "No problem. I didn't mean that you had. In re-reading my response, I guess it sounded harsher than I meant. We're cool.

Phew... I hate to think I come across as a jerk... unless I'm trying to. lol

[Oliver Peters] ... I work differently in X than I do in other NLEs. Some good, some bad from my POV. As far as multiple Events, I was merely expanding on ways that it made sense. In fact, ways that seem to coincide with Apple's ideas for why they named it "Events" (and not Bins) in the first place. ;-)"

Yeah, I started out trying to work exactly the same in X as i did in FCP7. And it mostly worked. I'm now at the point where I'm starting to try and work the "X way" for lack of a better term. Sometimes i really like it, and sometimes it drives me batshit crazy... but usually because of stuff that lacks polish or doesn't work quite right yet, or because I'm used to doing stuff in a way that's different... not because of how it works... if that makes sense. Also, I equate collections to bins and events to projects. So I can have as many "bins" in a "project" as i want, just as I'm used to doing... Semantics right? -edit: FWIW, I don't import anything into my events once I've created them. I make a bunch of keyword collections (bins) and drag stuff from the finder into the collections. The fact that those clips all show up in the Event as well is an afterthought...

Other than that... color code-able/group-able Roles, match frame replace Edits, maybe some sort of Z-Index for video clips so they'll stay put when compositing and I'm a happy camper. I mean, there's a lot more I'd like to see added and or improved/fixed, to me that's all just icing on the cake... But again... that's just me and how I work. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]