APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCP X as a database
on Nov 5, 2012 at 7:42:01 pm

[Charlie Austin] "It was absolutely not my intent to imply you didn't know how to organize things, I just posted that because it's exactly how i would have organized it in FCP 7."

No problem. I didn't mean that you had. In re-reading my response, I guess it sounded harsher than I meant. We're cool.

[Charlie Austin] "With X I can work the same way, but also mark favorite ranges which effectively makes sub clips for me, which I can view if i want to. So... for me, it's way more efficient. I also have to disagree about the load time. It really doesn't take long at all. The events load way faster than projects in FCP 7."

I get what you are saying and don't disagree. I work differently in X than I do in other NLEs. Some good, some bad from my POV. As far as multiple Events, I was merely expanding on ways that it made sense. In fact, ways that seem to coincide with Apple's ideas for why they named it "Events" (and not Bins) in the first place. ;-)

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]