APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: FCP X as a database
on Nov 5, 2012 at 7:31:04 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Yes, I understand how to organize in the Event browser, too. Collections are simply like Bins/Folders of sub clips. It's not the same. The clip in now duplicated in the main Event as well as numerous Collections. Plus the more clips you have in an Event, the longer it takes to open and update changes within the session. Even in your screen grab you are showing 3 Events.
"

It was absolutely not my intent to imply you didn't know how to organize things, I just posted that because it's exactly how i would have organized it in FCP 7. Same with the amount of Events. I always have my FX and MX projects open in 7, in addition to whatever project(s) I'm working on.

I really don't see how it's any different at all, other than the way it looks and what things are called, and the fact that the actual event can be selected to list everything that's in it. In 7 it would just be a tab. I guess it's probably a workflow thing... I never make sub clips or sequences of selects in FCP7, just shitloads of markers in my source.

With X I can work the same way, but also mark favorite ranges which effectively makes sub clips for me, which I can view if i want to. So... for me, it's way more efficient. I also have to disagree about the load time. It really doesn't take long at all. The events load way faster than projects in FCP 7. In fact the FX Event was exported from FCP 7, and loads about 3 times faster in X on the same machine. The projects take a little longer to load, but it's not really much worse than if they were all in an FCP7 project when it was loading. YMMV... :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]