APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FCP X as a database
on Nov 5, 2012 at 2:14:40 pm

[Steve Connor] "I'm curious, why would you have a separate event for each camera?"

Just to clarify, that isn't necessarily my own strategy. It is, however, one option and what many would logically choose. For example, if you wanted to use Event Manager X to reduce the number of open Events, it would be easier to split Events by camera. Let's say you wanted to concentrate on editing one scene in a movie for today's workload, you might opt to only deal with the media shot for that scene. In that case, breaking up the footage into separate Events would facilitate this in a way that's better than having everything in one huge Event.

[Steve Connor] "Why aren't compounds a good strategy? Since they have been "fixed" in 10.06 I have been using them as "sequences" with no issues."

I mean that operationally it's not a good strategy. Not how the program handles it related to bloat. If I combine scenes into a reel from separate timelines, I still want all clips visible and exposed in the reel's timeline. That's because I will still make tweaks throughout all the scenes within and where one scene joins another. I don't find it particularly practical to constantly step into a Compound Clip to make adjustments now that I'm at the reel level.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]