APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: FCP X as a database
on Nov 5, 2012 at 6:42:43 am

[Jeremy Garchow] " have an FCP7 project I have been working on for a client for going on two years now. It takes 15 minutes to open and about 48 seconds to save, and that's just one project. It's not extremely huge (about 65 MBs) but it has a ton of stuff in it. Big Pr CS6 projects take a long time to open as well. It's the nature of the NLE beast it seems."

Yes, no argument from me there. It can take a long time in any NLE for any number of reasons.

[Jeremy Garchow] "[David Lawrence] "Can you get tags and keyword collections out of it?"

KW collections, sure."

I may have been unclear. Can you export the tag/keyword metadata in a way that is useful in other programs? For example, can keyword collection data be exported and translated into bins via XML and/or some kind of translation utility? If that were possible, I would consider using FCPX as preflight organization tool ala Adobe Prelude, and cut on a timeline that is more to my liking.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]