APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP X as a database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP X as a database
on Nov 5, 2012 at 3:45:51 am

[Oliver Peters] "I just feel that the iTunes approach involves a walled garden mentality where one application is trying to perform all functions and in the end does most of it badly. For the most part, users who are serious about what they do, don't want a single all-encompassing application and will tend to opt for a suite of compatible, companion tools. "

That's a rather broad generalization, don't you think? I take my job seriously, and throwing more disconnected tools at me does not make feel any better.

I thought one of the cons of FCPX was it's reliance on third party helpers. Now you are saying that's what people want? Or are you saying, Apple (or any company) must build an NLE, a DAW, a grading system, a compression application, a compositor, and perhaps some sort of media asset manager all as separate entities with various levels of integration and non integration?

What suite of tools are you talking about? The Creative Suite? Final Cut Studio? Where does something like Autodesk Smoke fit in to this?

Are you saying FCPX is trying to be an "all-in-one"?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]