APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX in action

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Davidson
Re: FCPX in action
on Oct 10, 2012 at 2:50:39 am

I started on PC's and was a massive detractor of macs until our first Tiger G5 in 2005. A big issue for me was losing the F9 key for easy ease, which is stupid I know, but it was. I still don't think there's a way to get it back without wrecking my itunes control. It's been seven years and we still have to right click on keyframes to easy ease.

When you say CS6 is the same on Mac and PC, I agree, mostly. This consistency of UI takes away from the overall mac experience, i.e. itunes controls, no full screen apps, and the comment above that usb mics worked easily on a pc when on a mac it involved a price in blood to get working. I think in the last 3 years Adobe has taken great pains to code apps better for mac, but the core of all Adobe programs start on PC and then go to mac. If it didn't, we'd see Adobe take more advantage of mac specific abilities like mac consistent keystrokes (CMD + ,) for prefs, full screen apps, and acknowledging the Apple keyboard control layout, for example. We don't even get a mac shortcut layout preference option.

That's part of why I stuck with Apple's solutions. Their programs feel like they were built for the system you're using and take advantage of it. If Adobe made CS6 specifically for mac, they would use Grand Central Dispatch instead of CUDA. Know what I mean?

There's a lot Adobe skips over that OSX makes available to them for whatever reason - I guess multi-platform UI consistency. I think that at it's root Adobe starts in PC land and clones that to mac. It's the under-the-hood things that can get you. There not programs built FOR macs, they're programs built to work ON macs.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]