APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Color bars?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Grant Strac
Re: Color bars?
on Aug 21, 2012 at 4:23:18 pm

No I'm not ignorant of that fact I deliver tape and file based daily but to me it seems that if this where truly for professionals removing such an important asset like bars & tone doesn't make sense. I use FCS 3 and FCX every other day and I find that all the things they have yet to implement in FCX like these small factors make x a prosumer program more than apple trying to make a professional edit program easier for us they made a consumer editor, iMovie, more advanced and called it final cut. I have to deal with these small changes all the time and there is always a way around it or no particular need for it but to me it seems absolutely counterintuitive to remove the basic necessities. Even though most of my programs are delivered file based I still get requests for color bars and its frustrating that I had to export bars and tone from final cut 7 and import into x. I have a apple masters in final cut studio and to go from that to x was a serious disappointment it has some powerful aspects but it's out weighted by the basic processes they excluded. I do not feel like apple took 7 and made it easier they took imovie and made it more advanced rather than meld the two together.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]