APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Did anyone lose their job after FCPX mistake ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

randall wurster
Re: Did anyone lose their job after FCPX mistake ?
on Aug 16, 2012 at 12:48:17 pm

Where did I denigrate or say that any of those industries were not pro?

In fact, I rather explicitly said those were pro applications of the product in my post.

And no, what I work on isn't more "professional" than any of that.

And I also never implied that FCPX users were incapable of dealing with tracks, only that the writers of the software wrote it for a target audience that was.

If a capable editor happens to enjoy the trackless workflow, as in your case, I'd guess that this is a happy coincidence and not Apple's intentions. Every bit of evidence of where Apple is headed in terms of production suggests this to be the case.

I also said I hadn't made up my mind on FCPX, which is why I was here. I said these were my feelings after cutting two projects on it. There's really no need to put words in my mouth, I've said enough as it is.

iMovie and FCPX share the same verbiage, some features, similar workflow, similar interface and - and this is the arguable point - the same basic principle: to hide an awful lot of control from the user with the assumption that the program knows better. If you have found a way around that, or not found that to be the case, then more power to you. Obviously the power behind FCPX trumps the outdated FCP7 and I truly wish it could work in my workflow. There are certain projects where maybe it could, but others where it would be hopeless.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]