APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What we have really lost with FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: What we have really lost with FCP 7
on Jul 14, 2012 at 12:04:47 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "in the end, the ultimate issue would be that no one paying money (in london) appears inclined or willing to go anywhere near this software"

I certainly see the same here (Florida), but have taken some less-than-tentative steps myself on several recent projects. That's with clients in the room and real deadlines. For the most part it's been OK, but currently X is still very much an island, leading to a number of workarounds. The exception is with effects. Although RT playback performance is often quite poor, the reality is that the breadth of small, cheap/free - and very good-looking and creative - filters are coming out of the woodwork for X, like never before. That's pretty attractive. And the video signal quality is also hard to challenge.

I think the segment of the market that needs interchange with other facilities and other applications, will be best served by a combination of X/Cmpr/Mtn, FC Studio and CS6. There are some additional forces that I think will come into play and move towards the strengths of CS6 and X. For example, there is a beginning push (though small for now) to edit and master in 1080p/50 and 1080p/59.94, as well as 2K and even 4K. FCP legacy and Avid are simply not capable of working in this environment.

So give it a bit of time and I think the landscape will actually look quite different. I'm sure plenty of editors will continue to put their noses in the air about X due to the necessary changes in the editing paradigm. But the labor force is changing and $299 looks really attractive to the bean counters ;-)

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]