APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What Apple needs to do to make FCPX useful? (Post Pro, not Home User)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Hector berrebi
Re: What Apple needs to do to make FCPX useful? (Post Pro, not Home User)
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:15:08 pm

[Russell Lasson] ". Make projects actual projects instead of sequences. A project should contain events, folders, multiple sequences. When you close a project, all the events, folders, and sequences should close. Media management should be based on a project base, not globally."

Russ,
this thread is a good and (might be) useful initiative

however, we have to be logical, and its a game that plays both ways. i can imagine apple fixing many things in next updates/versions of X but they won't change the concept, and we will have to either learn to adapt or find new tools.

i like project based too, and after 15 years of editing and 8 of training i feel a bit lost in a timeline based project with global media, but i can definitely see my workflows change and adapt to it, knowing it makes little sense that apple will back up from it.

i won't adapt to not sending out OMF, not working with XML and not having access to older project files

i would add to the list a more customizable interface

and i still hope i'm wrong about it, and i've made improvements since yesterday, but it feels that the new trim tools suffer from over simplicity.
i still didn't figure out complex trimming on this thing (audio left, video right for example)

a "send to color" feature would be nice... at least as long its still around...
they had a "send to shake" option when shake was on its death bed...

i'll have more when i'm done with the manual

this is a good thread

hector

Hector Berrebi
prePost Consulting

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]