APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Alternative Application for Media Production

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Sheriff
Re: Alternative Application for Media Production
on Jul 12, 2012 at 1:41:13 am

[Joseph W. Bourke] "you don't need a chainsaw to cut down a sapling, but you sure don't want to use a hatchet to cut down a 40 foot tall oak tree."

Lets run with that for a moment.
You actually can cut down saplings no problem with a chainsaw. I do it all the time.
However, if all you have are a few saplings to cut down, and nothing else, then dragging out the chainsaw is more work than just cutting them by hand.
It is much more difficult to take down bigger trees with a hatchet, then it is to cut saplings with a chainsaw.
This is much like FCS vs FCP X. FCS is the chainsaw, and X is the hatchet.

[Joseph W. Bourke] "And this guy thinks Motion is better than After Effects - it's a toy! Presets for the talentless!"

Motion is, what it is. There are some things that Motion is good for, and other things not so much. While it does have a bunch of presets, it is not a toy. If you know how to use it, you can do a lot without ever even using a preset. So I wouldn't hold that against anyone. I could make the same comparison of Shake vs AE.

[Walter Soyka] "However, I think it's key to remember that this is an alternative tool set, not a replacement tool set."
We have a winner!
As usual, leave it to Walter to be smart and succinct.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]