APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What we have really lost with FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: What we have really lost with FCP 7
on Jul 9, 2012 at 3:42:44 pm

[Will Hodgson] "What we have lost is our collective experience. 13 years of insights and experiments, battle hardened in real world scenarios around the world. And with no obvious heir to the Final Cut throne, it will be a long journey indeed until we have rebuilt our shared knowledge."

A valid point. Not everything will be lost. Yes, there are new techniques to learn, new shortcomings to work around, new buttons to press. Final Cut Legend is ubiquitous, it's true, but it's not like that knowledge base that has been built is suddenly invalid, it just needs to be further built upon.

This does not mean we can't learn again. It's already happening on every level.

What I stand to lose the most is Apple Color.

It was so simple and easy to learn, fairly easy to use if you held its hand in just the right way, and I could always get quality results out of it.

FCPX has some decent color correction tools built in. While the color board is unconventional I find the results to be pleasing, and that's all I can really ask for. It needs some tuning up, and perhaps a feature or two (like tracking) and it's fairly solid as long as you don't let the color board bother you. If I need to get out to a dedicated color grading app, FCPX, even in its infancy, allows me to get to Resolve fairly easily or even to Color with an XML translation. Other more mature applications are still struggling with that. I am sure it will get better.

NLEs will keep changing and thriving, we have already seen that, but I will miss Apple Color the most as there truly isn't a replacement for it yet without having to buy some new hardware.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]